Holiday Birds & Blooms MATERIALS
Watercolor paper Winnie & Walter stamp sets: Winter Woodland, In Bloom: Elsa’s Flora, So Tweet Ink pads: IMAGINE Crafts/ Tsukineko Kaleidacolor (Caribbean Sea), Memento (desert sand); Ranger Distress (tea dye) Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers: 010, 022, 035, 050, 081, 090 Sakura Koi watercolors Winsor & Newton masking fluid Paintbrushes Die-cutting machine (optional)
Project note: Use VersaFine ink unless otherwise directed.
1. Form a 3¾ x 5¼-inch card from white cardstock.
2. Cut a 1 x 5¼-inch piece of turquoise Good Tidings paper and a 33⁄8 x 5¼-inch piece of white Juniper Berry paper. Referring to photo, adhere papers to card front.
3. Die-cut several gingerbread cookies from brown cardstock and snowflakes from white cardstock.
4. Use glossy accents as glue and glitter to decorate cookies and snowflakes; use red glitter for cookies and white for snowflakes. Set aside to dry.
5. Use white ink pad to color half of the back of transparency sheet. Set aside to dry.
6. Referring to photo, die-cut a jar from inked transparency sheet cutting it so white ink covers most of the inside of jar.
7. Stamp jar image onto die-cut shape with StazOn ink. Set aside to dry.
8. Attach a small length of washi tape to upper right edge of card front. Stamp “You’re Invited” onto white Juniper Berry paper; cut out and staple to card as shown. 9. Stamp “Cookie Exchange” on card front.
10. Use liquid glue to adhere a sparkly snowflake to a straw; let dry. Trim straw to fit inside die-cut jar and glue to back of jar.
11. Wrap twine around jar and tie a bow.
12. Referring to photo, adhere assembled jar and three cookie die cuts to card using double stacks of foam tape to attach cookies.
Decorate inside of card as desired.
1. Use liquid glue to adhere remaining sparkly snowflakes to straws; let dry.
2. Die-cut an Adornment tab for each remaining cookie die cut from brown cardstock.
3. Adhere cookie die cut to rounded portion of tab; wrap tab around a straw and secure in place with glue. Repeat for remaining cookie die cuts. •
This project could easily be made non-holiday by swapping out die cuts and using a different color of ink for the drink. For example, use pink ink and a sunglasses die for a fun summertime card.