Joy Glitter Box MATERIALS
Bazzill Basics cardstock: gold glitter, white Strathmore watercolor paper Vellum Lil’ Inker Designs All The Christmas You’ll Ever Need stamp set Clearsnap white ink pad Ranger liquid platinum embossing powder Lil’ Inker Designs Cover Up: Snowflakes die Cricut Cuttlebug die-cutting machine Martha Stewart scoring board Embossing heat tool Tape Tombow liquid glue
Project note: A hexagon punch is an easy way to create V-notches. Scissors can also be used.
1. Form a 41/4 x 51/2-inch card from red cardstock.
2. Adhere a 33/4 x 5-inch piece of patterned paper to green cardstock; trim a small border and adhere to card.
3. Nest #4 label die (17/8 x 27/8 inches) inside #5 label die (21/4 x 35/8 inches) on red cardstock; secure with repositionable tape; run through die-cutting machine to create a frame. Repeat with green cardstock.
4. Trim green frame at left and right sides approximately 1 inch from center. Adhere to back of red frame to create a layered effect. Adhere to card as shown.
5. Die-cut poinsettia strip from red cardstock. Die-cut one large flower from green cardstock. 6. For red flowers, place each in palm of hand faceup or on a mouse pad and use embossing stylus to gently burnish each flower center to create dimension.
7. Pierce hole through center of each red flower. Stack flowers together from smallest to largest and insert brad to secure.
8. For leaves, cut green flower in half. Curl petals in the same manner as in step 6. Adhere three petals to back of red flower. On remaining half, remove one petal, curl remaining petals and adhere to back of red flower.
9. Cut a 3 x 1/2-inch strip each from red and green cardstock; cut a 3 x 5/8-inch strip from patterned paper. V-notch right end of each strip. Attach sentiment sticker to red strip. Layer and adhere to card as shown.
10. Use foam tape to adhere assembled flower to card.
11. Decorate inside of card as desired using ivory cardstock, stamp set and ink.