Dad Gift-Card Holder
White cardstock Die Cuts With A View White Ginger 12 x 12 paper pad Green marker Doodlebug Design turquoise/white baker’s twine 4 DeNami Design green buttons Spellbinders® die templates: Lacey Squares (#S4-295), Lacey Circles (#S4-293) Die-cutting machine 3M picture-hanging strip Scor-Pal scoring board Circle cutter Adhesive foam squares Adhesive dots Paper adhesive Computer with printer (optional)
1. Cut an 8 x 8-inch square from circle patterned paper.
2. Place square on work surface with circle pattern side facedown and corner positioned at top (Photo 1).
3. Using pencil, make small marks along left and right edges of square 3 inches from top and bottom points (Photos 2 and 3).
4. Create two vertical score lines connecting marks (Photo 4).
5. Fold side panels inward along score lines; burnish folds (Photo 5).
6. Place paper on scoring board with long edge horizontal. Score a vertical line at 5-inch mark. Rotate paper 180 degrees and score a vertical line at 5-inch mark (Photo 6).
7. Fold top and bottom points inward along score lines and burnish folds to create card base (Photo 7).
8. Die-cut two 3¼-inch Lacey Square shapes from green patterned paper.
9. Adhere die-cut squares to inside of card at top and bottom points with pattern facing out.
10. Using front and back panels of card as a pattern, cut two liners slightly smaller than flaps from green patterned paper; adhere inside card.
11. Fold card along score lines; adhere side folds in place between horizontal score lines (Photo 8).
12. Cut two 3⁄8-inch squares from picture-hanging strip; attach to inside of card at points to form a closure.
13. Cut a 41/4 x 2-inch piece from green patterned paper; adhere to card front.
14. Die-cut a 17/8-inch Lacey Circle shape from blue patterned paper; attach to card front using foam squares.
15. Hand-print, or use a computer to generate, “DAD” on white cardstock with green ink. Using circle cutter, cut a 15/8-inch circle around sentiment; adhere to card front.
16. Thread button with twine; tie in a bow. Attach to card front using adhesive dot.
1. For tag base, die-cut a 33/8-inch Lacey Circles shape from white cardstock.
2. Using circle cutter, cut a 27/8-inch circle from blue patterned paper; adhere to tag.
3. Hand-print, or use a computer to generate, “Happy Father’s Day!” on white cardstock with green ink. Using circle cutter, cut a 23/8-inch circle around sentiment; adhere to tag.
4. Thread twine through three buttons; tie knots. Adhere to tag using adhesive dots.
Insert tag into Card pocket.