Bazzill Basics cardstock: licorice twist, marshmallow Reeves watercolor paper TealKat Creations quilling paper strips: 1/8-inch white, 1/16-inch banana yellow Ellen Hutson Mondo Magnolia stamp set Imagine VersaFine onyx black ink pad Kuretake ZIG watercolor set Lawn Fawn Large Cross-Stitched Rectangles dies (#LF1178) Die-cutting machine Ranger Distress Sprayer Slotted quilling tool Cork board Straight pins Tweezers Fine-tip glue applicator or toothpick Silver Brush paintbrush My Sweet Petunia MISTI stamp-positioning tool Adhesive foam tape Tombow adhesive runner iLoveToCreate Aleene’s tacky glue Project note: Refer to photo and Quilled Shape diagrams when forming quilled shapes. Use a fine-tip glue applicator or toothpick to place glue on ends of quilling paper when securing quilled shapes. Tweezers can also be used to place quilled shapes onto card.
1. Form a 41/4 x 51/2-inch card from white cardstock.
2. Die-cut a 41/4 x 51/2-inch cross-stitched rectangle from watercolor paper; cut off 1/4 inch from both long sides of rectangle.
3. Paint an oval of clear water in top center of rectangle; load brush with blue paint and swirl into water allowing color to move around.
4. While painted area is still wet, position sprayer bottle with clean water about 12 inches above panel and spritz two or three times. This will add interest along outside edges of painted circle. Let dry.
5. Use quilling tool to form a 22-inch white paper strip into a Teardrop; allow coil to expand to approximately 1 inch in diameter before shaping. Repeat to create a total of seven teardrops.
6. For flower center, use quilling tool to form a Grape Roll from a 22-inch yellow paper strip; spread a thin layer of glue on underside of roll to keep its shape.
7. Referring to photo, arrange teardrop shapes in a daisy pattern on cork board using dots of glue between pieces to secure. Pin as needed to keep pieces together while drying. Adhere yellow center to center of daisy. 8. Stamp sentiment on watercolor panel as shown. 9. Adhere panel to a 4 x 51/2-inch piece of black cardstock; adhere to card with foam tape. 10. Adhere quilled daisy to card as shown.