With Spring upon us and warm weather approaching some tips can make you more comfortable on hot days and save you money:
1. Close your shades and drapes in the afternoon.
2. Select only the temp you want when you turn on your air conditioner. A low temp won't make it cool faster. 3. Use ceiling fans. 4. Your air conditioner has a filter. Check and clean it. A clogged filter makes the unit work harder.
5. Turn off the lights when you leave a room. Light bulbs, especially are actually heaters that produce some light.
6. Switch to CFL or LED lamps. They use much less power and don't heat your house.
7. Cook outside or switch to salads and sandwiches.
8. If you have windows on the north and south sides, open the bottom one on the south and the top on the north. This helps pull the air through your house.