Cen­tre Hall home heav­ily dam­aged in Satur­day morn­ing blaze

Centre Daily Times (Sunday) - - Stay Connected -

Res­i­dents have been dis­placed from a Cen­tre Hall home af­ter a fire broke out early Satur­day morn­ing.

Cen­tre Hall Fire Com­pany was dis­patched to 209 S. Penn­syl­va­nia Ave. around 8 a.m. Ac­cord­ing to fire Chief Shawn Meyer, res­i­dents of the two-story house had evac­u­ated when crews ar­rived on scene.

“There was heavy smoke com­ing out of the at­tic eaves and vis­i­ble flames,” he said.

It took crews — which in­cluded Pleas­ant Gap, Boals­burg, Miles Town­ship and Gregg Town­ship fire com­pa­nies — about two hours to get the fire un­der con­trol.

The two-story house sus­tained “heavy wa­ter dam­age and smoke dam­age,” Meyer said.

“The at­tic is where most of the fire was, and it burned through the roof,” he said.

No in­juries were re­ported.

Meyer did not know how many peo­ple lived in the house, but said they have been dis­placed.

StateCol­lege

Lo­cal fire­fight­ers bat­tle the blaze that started in the at­tic of the two-story house early Satur­day.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.