11 Amer­i­cans sent home af­ter sonic at­tacks in China

The Charlotte Observer (Sunday) - - Nation & World - — NEW YORK TIMES

The State Depart­ment has evac­u­ated at least 11 Amer­i­cans from China af­ter ab­nor­mal sounds or sen­sa­tions were re­ported by govern­ment em­ploy­ees at the U.S. Con­sulate in the south­ern city of Guangzhou, of­fi­cials said, deep­en­ing a mys­tery that has so far con­founded in­ves­ti­ga­tors.

At least eight Amer­i­cans as­so­ci­ated with the con­sulate in Guangzhou have now been evac­u­ated, said one of­fi­cial, who spoke on con­di­tion of anonymity.

In ad­di­tion, one em­ployee from the con­sulate in Shang­hai and two from Beijing were sent to the United States for fur­ther med­i­cal tests.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.