Bald eagle electrocuted
A bald eagle was electrocuted by power lines on River Road in Des Plaines, police said last week. The police department’s animal control officer responded to the 1400 block of River Road just after 10:45 p.m. Nov. 15 in response to a report of an injured animal. The officer discovered obvious signs of electrocution on the remains, apparently from power lines. The officer contacted U.S. Fish and Wildlife Services because bald eagles are a protected species.
—Daily Herald report A pair of Buffalo Grove village trustees are questioning whether the town needs to hire a “community engagement manager.” The proposed $1.6 million budget for the village manager’s office includes funding to fill the new post, which would cost about $100,000 annually, including benefits. Deputy Village Manager Jennifer Maltas said the person hired would coordinate a video strategy and reach out to community groups that need more attention. —Steve Zalusky