Fire breaks out in­side plane af­ter pas­sen­ger’s vape over­heats at O’Hare

Chicago Sun-Times (Sunday) - - TOP NEWS -

An Amer­i­can Air­lines pas­sen­ger’s elec­tronic cig­a­rette com­busted Fri­day night, prompt­ing a small fire shortly af­ter the plane landed at O’Hare In­ter­na­tional Air­port.

The e-cig­a­rette’s bat­tery over­heated about 9 p.m. and caused a blaze on­board Flight 168 from Las Ve­gas that was stamped out by flight at­ten­dants, ac­cord­ing to a state­ment from Amer­i­can Air­lines spokes­woman Les­lie Scott. No one was in­jured and the 138 pas­sen­gers tax­ied to the gate af­ter­ward.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.