Creamy Chicken Curry with Mashed Potatoes
SERVES 4. HANDS-ON TIME: 30 MINUTES. TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR, 10 MINUTES. P GF W 30
Let this spiced chicken curry warm you up from the inside out. This recipe is packed with veggies and has a silky coconut milk base for a dish that is both indulgent and healthy.
ghee, divided 1/4 1 cup cup diced yellow onion 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger 2 cloves garlic, minced 4 tsp ground turmeric 1 tbsp ground cumin 2 tsp ground coriander ¾ tsp sea salt
½ tsp each red pepper flakes and black pepper ¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper 1/8 tsp each ground cinnamon and cardamom 1¼ lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced 1 cup diced carrot 2 cups full-fat coconut milk, divided 2 tomatoes, diced 2 cups chopped broccoli 2 cups chopped green beans 3 Russet potatoes, chopped
1. In a large pot on medium, melt 1 tbsp ghee. Add onion and sauté until translucent, 5 minutes. Add ginger and garlic and cook 2 minutes more. Add turmeric, cumin, coriander, salt, pepper flakes, black pepper, cayenne, cinnamon and cardamom; cook 3 minutes more.
2. To same pot, add chicken and carrot. Add 1½ cups coconut milk and tomatoes. Cover pot and cook until chicken is tender, 20 minutes. Add broccoli and green beans; simmer 7 minutes more.
3. Meanwhile, fill a second pot halfway with water and bring to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, 15 minutes.
4. Drain water from pot with potatoes and return potatoes to pot. Add remaining 3 tbsp ghee and remaining ½ cup coconut milk; mash until smooth.
5. To serve, place mashed potatoes on each plate and top each serving with chicken curry mixture.
NOTE: If following our Meal Plan, store mashed potatoes and chicken curry separately in refrigerator and reheat when called for.
PER SERVING (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 747, Fat: 43 g, Sat. Fat:31 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 6 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g, Carbs: 53 g, Fiber: 9 g, Sugars: 9 g, Protein: 41 g, Sodium: 496 mg, Cholesterol: 143 mg