Green Goddess Omelette
SERVES 4. HANDS-ON TIME: 20 MINUTES. TOTAL TIME: 20 MINUTES.
Make the sauce and filling ahead of time so you can simply cook the omelette and assemble in the morning. Garnish with additional cilantro.
1 cup mixed greens (such as kale, chard and spinach) ½ cup fresh cilantro 1 lemon, zested and juiced ⅓ jalapeño chile pepper, seeds and ribs removed ½ tsp ground cumin sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste 1½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
FILLING ½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil 2 large zucchini, chopped 1 shallot, chopped
12 large eggs, divided
2 cups mixed greens (such as kale, chard and spinach), chopped, divided sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste extra-virgin olive oil, divided avocado, divided 2 tbsp 1
1. Make sauce: To a food processor, add all sauce ingredients except oil; pulse to break down greens. With machine running, drizzle in oil;
process until almost smooth. Set aside or refrigerate until use.
2. Prepare filling: In a large nonstick pan on medium-high, heat oil. Add zucchini and shallot and sauté 4 to 6 minutes, until lightly brown. Set aside or refrigerate until use.
3. To assemble 1 omelette: In a medium bowl, whisk together onequarter each of eggs and mixed greens and salt and pepper.
4. In a medium nonstick skillet on medium, heat one-quarter of oil. Pour in egg mixture and tilt to fully cover pan. As eggs start to set, tilt pan to let uncooked egg run to the edge of the pan. Once bottom is set but top is still a little wet, spread one-quarter of the zucchini-shallot filling on one side of omelette. Fold the other side over the filling and slide omelette onto a plate.
5. Spoon sauce over top of omelette and serve with one-quarter of avocado, sliced.
If following our Meal Plan, refrigerate 3 remaining servings of filling and sauce separately. Make omelette fresh when called for.
PER SERVING (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 465, Total Fat: 36 g, Sat. Fat: 8 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 21 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5 g, Carbs: 14 g, Fiber: 6 g, Sugars: 5 g, Protein: 23 g, Sodium: 352 mg, Cholesterol: 558 mg