Wild Mushroom Salmon with Asparagus
SERVES 4. HANDS-ON TIME: 25 MINUTES. TOTAL TIME: 40 MINUTES.
Buy thick, center-cut salmon fillets for this recipe so they retain moisture when cooked in the flavorful steam. Layering the mushrooms, salmon and asparagus in the Instant Pot means all elements are done at the same time.
4 5-oz skin-on, center-cut salmon fillets (at least 3/4 inch thick)
12 oz asparagus or broccoli
10 oz wild mushrooms (such as a mix of shiitake, oyster and king trumpet)
1 large shallot
1/4 cup packed fresh dill, divided
1 clove garlic
⅓ cup low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
11/2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
⅓ cup full-fat sour cream
1. Place salmon in an airtight container. Trim and wrap asparagus loosely. Cut mushrooms into bite-size pieces and thinly slice shallot; store together in an airtight container. Chop dill and garlic; store separately in a small airtight container. Zest and juice one-half of lemon. Add broth to lemon juice and zest and stir to combine. Slice remaining lemon half into rounds. Label and store everything in the refrigerator.
WHEN READY TO EAT:
2. Select Sauté on the Instant Pot and adjust to High; heat oil. Add shallots and mushrooms to pot. Add a pinch of salt and cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are tender and beginning to brown, 4 minutes. Add garlic, stir and cook until fragrant, 45 seconds. Press Cancel. 3. Add lemon juice-broth mixture to pot and stir, scraping up any browned bits at the bottom. Line a tall trivet (with at least ¾-inchtall legs) with foil, mist generously with cooking spray and poke a few holes in the foil. Season salmon with remaining salt and pepper and place them on trivet, skin side down. Place trivet with salmon in pot over mushrooms.
4. Arrange asparagus on top of fish. Lock on lid, select Pressure and adjust to Less/Low pressure for 2 minutes.
5. When cooking time is up, press Cancel. Let pressure come down naturally for 5 minutes and then quick-release remaining pressure. Carefully lift asparagus and trivet with salmon from pot. Transfer fish and asparagus to a serving platter.
6. Whisk sour cream and one-half of the dill into mushroom mixture in pot. Sprinkle remaining dill over salmon and garnish with lemon slices. Spoon mushroom sauce over asparagus.
PER SERVING (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 339, Total Fat: 17 g, Sat. Fat: 4 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 7.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4 g, Carbs: 12 g, Fiber: 4 g, Sugars: 4 g, Protein: 36 g, Sodium: 338 mg, Cholesterol: 73 mg