JAMBALAYA ON A SHEET PAN
SERVES 6. HANDS-ON TIME: 15 MINUTES. TOTAL TIME: 55 MINUTES.
A homemade cajun spice mixture uses smoked paprika, garlic powder, oregano and coconut sugar to bring a smoky-sweet flavor to this dinner.
4 red potatoes or yellow flesh potatoes, cut into
2 ears corn, each cut into 4 thick rounds
1 large red onion, cut into quarters or eighths 6 sprigs fresh thyme
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
4½ tsp smoked paprika
(TRY: Simply Organic Smoked Paprika)
1¼ tsp garlic powder
1¼ tsp coconut sugar 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
½ tsp each sea salt, ground black pepper and dried oregano
6 3-oz boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 smoked sausages, cut into thick slices 12 oz (16 to 20) frozen jumbo shrimp, thawed and patted dry
2 tbsp organic unsalted butter
1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 lemon, cut into wedges
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. On a large, heavy rimmed baking sheet, toss potatoes, corn, onion and thyme with one-half of the oil. In a small bowl, combine paprika, garlic powder, sugar, cayenne, salt, pepper and oregano.
2. In a bowl, combine chicken, remaining one-half of oil and twothirds of paprika mixture. Sprinkle remaining one-third of paprika mixture over vegetables and nestle in the chicken, making sure chicken is touching sheet and vegetables are spread in a single layer.
3. Roast for 10 minutes then reduce oven temperature to 425°F. Roast until chicken is cooked and vegetables are tender and slightly caramelized, 20 to 25 minutes.
4. Nestle in sausage and shrimp and brush shrimp with melted butter (if using). Return to oven and roast until shrimp is cooked, about 10 more minutes.
5. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over.
PER SERVING (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 453, Total Fat: 20 g, Sat. Fat: 4 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 11 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3 g, Carbs: 36 g, Fiber: 4 g, Sugars: 7 g, Protein: 34 g, Sodium: 522 mg, Cholesterol: 170 mg