Pumpkin Waffles with Cinnamon Pecans
SERVES 2. HANDS-ON TIME: 30 MINUTES. TOTAL TIME: 30 MINUTES.
Wake up to these pumpkin-spiced waffles, made with a blend of almond and coconut flours for a lower-carb start to your day. We spread them with ghee and top them off with cinnamon roasted pecans for a hint of sweetness.
2 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
2 tbsp pumpkin purée
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
½ tsp pure vanilla extract
½ cup almond flour
2 scoops marine collagen peptides
1 tbsp coconut flour
1 tbsp granulated monk fruit swetener (TRY: Now Foods Organic Monk Fruit
1 to 1 Sugar Replacement)
1 tbsp ground flaxseed
1 tsp orange zest
1 tsp each pumpkin pie spice and ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt 4 tsp ghee, for serving
½ tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 tsp granulated monk fruit sweetener ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
1/3 cup raw pecans, chopped Pinch sea salt
1. Prepare waffles: In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin purée and coconut oil. Whisk in almond milk and vanilla.
2. To wet ingredients, add almond flour, collagen, coconut flour, monk fruit, flaxseed, orange zest, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Whisk until dry ingredients are incorporated.
3. Preheat a waffle maker and grease with additional coconut oil. Cook waffles according to manufacturer’s directions.
4. Meanwhile, prepare pecans: In a small bowl, whisk together coconut oil, monk fruit and cinnamon. Add pecans and stir to coat. Transfer to a small pan over low heat and cook for 6 to 7 minutes, stirring every minute to prevent burning. Season with salt.
5. To serve, spread waffles with ghee and sprinkle with pecans.
NOTE: If following our Meal Plan, freeze one serving of leftover waffles; store pecans in an airtight container at room temperture. Thaw and reheat in a toaster oven when called for.
PER SERVING (1/2 of recipe): Calories: 668, Total Fat: 60 g, Sat. Fat: 25 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 21 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 10 g, Carbs: 24 g, Fiber: 9 g, Sugars: 4 g, Protein: 20 g, Sodium: 523 mg, Cholesterol: 208 mg