Grits-Gone-Keto with Shrimp & Garlicky Greens
SERVES 4. HANDS-ON TIME: 15 MINUTES. TOTAL TIME: 45 MINUTES.
In this keto take on a Southern classic, we used cauliflower in place of grits. A quick sauté of baby greens adds garlicky flavor and a dose of antioxidants.
1 head cauliflower, cut into florets 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil ¼ tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper 1 tbsp nutritional yeast 1 tbsp ghee, melted ¼ cup hot water
1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
5 cups baby greens (kale, chard, spinach) 1 tsp fresh lemon juice ⅛ tsp ground black pepper 2 tbsp ghee 1 lb large frozen shrimp, peeled and deveined, thawed
1½ tbsp Cajun seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Prepare grits: Place cauliflower on prepared sheet, toss with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, or until lightly golden and fork tender.
3. Transfer cauliflower to a food processor. Add yeast and ghee. Pulse to break down the cauliflower until mostly smooth, adding some of the hot water if needed to achieve desired consistency.
4. Prepare greens and shrimp: In a large pan over medium-high, heat oil. Add garlic and sauté for
1 minute. Add greens and sauté 2 more minutes. Add lemon juice and pepper. Transfer to a plate. 5. In same pan, heat remaining ghee. Add shrimp to pan and sprinkle with Cajun seasoning. Sauté until shrimp is just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side.
6. Place cauliflower grits on a plate; top with greens and shrimp.
NOTE: If following our Meal Plan, freeze 2 portions for later in the week. Refrigerate remaining. Thaw and reheat when called for.
PER SERVING (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 277, Total Fat: 15 g, Sat. Fat: 7 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 6 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g, Carbs: 10 g, Fiber: 4 g, Sugars: 3 g, Protein: 27 g, Sodium: 447 mg, Cholesterol: 207 mg