No-Sugar Gingerbread Cake
with Caramel Whipped Cream & Drizzle F V GF SERVES 8. HANDS ON TIME: 20 MINUTES. TOTAL TIME: 45 MINUTES.
1 tbsp organic unsalted butter 10 large egg whites
½ cup 1 to 1 granulated monk fruit sweetener (TRY: NOW Real Food’s Organic Monk Fruit with Organic Erythritol 1 to 1 Sugar Replacement) 1 cup almond flour 3 tbsp unsweeted cocoa powder 2 tsp each ground ginger, cinnamon, allspice, and cloves 1 cup dried Medjool dates, finely chopped ½ cup dark chocolate (at least 75%), finely chopped
3 tbsp 1 to 1 granulated monk fruit sweetener
2 tbsp organic unsalted butter 1 tsp pure vanilla extract ¾ cup whipping cream ½ tsp caramel flavored liquid monk fruit sweetener (TRY: NOW Real Food Organic Caramel Monk Fruit Zero-Calorie Liquid Sweetener)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease bottom and sides of a 9-inch round pan with butter and line with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk egg whites until stiff, adding granulated sweetener,
1 tbsp at a time.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk almond flour, cocoa and spices together. Fold almond flour mixture into egg white mixture. Add dates and chocolate. Gently fold until no white remains.
3. Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes, or until cake rises. Reduce oven temperature to 300°F and bake for another 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
4. Make caramel sauce: Place remaining granulated sweetener in a small saucepan with 2 tsp water over medium heat. Once sweetener has dissolved, increase heat to medium-high for 5 to 8 minutes, until mixture is a light golden color. Remove from heat and let cool for 3 minutes. Gently whisk in butter and vanilla extract.
5. To a mixing bowl, add whipping cream and liquid monk fruit sweetener and whisk on high speed until medium to stiff peaks form, about 1 minute. Top cake with whipped cream and drizzle with caramel sauce.
PER SERVING (⁄ of recipe): Calories: 376, Total Fat: 27 g, Sat. Fat: 12 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 10 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5 g,
Net Carbs: 45 g, Fiber: 6 g, Sugars: 19 g, Protein: 10 g, Sodium: 83 mg, Cholesterol: 37 mg