Cottages & Bungalows
Using All the Senses
Home décor during the holidays is more than just a visual experience. “You have to touch on all the senses for the holidays; people are so busy you have to grab their attention,” says event designer Ashley Smith. Here are a few of her ideas for engaging guests in the experience of your home.
1. Light. The warmth of Christmas lights creates a glowing and ethereal sense.
“It just makes your heart happy,” says Ashley.
2. Music. While most people don’t have to be reminded to play Christmas music, it is essential for creating a holiday experience, and there are so many different stylistic possibilities.
3. Baking Smells & Tastes. There’s no better way to make people feel at home during the holidays than the warm smells wafting from the kitchen.
4. Greenery. The visual picture and the fresh scent of live greenery around
your home is truly transformative.
5. Fabrics. Soft, high-quality fabrics add comfort and warmth to any room.