Cottages & Bungalows
Singing the Blues
• COLOR CURATION. Gather your color palette. Vicky suggests “strategically repeating the elements throughout the home.”
This coastal vacation residence features a range of blues—proving that one color can be used in a variety of ways for inspiring home décor.
• DASHES AND SPLASHES. Use one or two colors as a constant, and then layer in a splash of bold color.
• “DRAMATICA.” Remember that using the same colors in a variety of textures can also add drama. “This is a great way to create dynamic interiors,” Vicky points out.
• STUNNING STATEMENTS. Vicky also suggests “considering each individual piece or element of the design and making sure they make a statement of their own.”
• EXPERIMENTAL. Experiment with a wide range of values using the same color for interest.