Country Living (USA)
Glazed Blueberry Rolls
WORKING TIME 35 minutes TOTAL TIMES 3 hours (including rising) MAKES 12 rolls
FOR THE DOUGH:
Canola oil, for bowl
1/4 cup granulated sugar 1 tablespoon active dry yeast 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled, divided 1 cup whole milk
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for bowl
1 large egg
FOR THE FILLING AND ASSEMBLY:
6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for pan 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar All-purpose flour, for work surface 2 1/4 cups (9 3/4 ounces) frozen blueberries FOR THE GLAZE: 4 ounces cream cheese,
at room temperature 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
(3/4 stick), at room temperature
1 cup confectioners’ sugar 4 tablespoons heavy cream 1 /2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Make dough: Oil a bowl. Whisk together sugar, yeast, salt, and
1 3/4 cups flour in a second bowl. Cook milk and butter in a small saucepan over low heat until butter has melted and mixture reads between 105°F and 110°F on an instant-read thermometer, 2 to 4 minutes.
2. Add milk mixture and egg to flour mixture. Beat with a dough hook attached to an electric mixer on low speed until moistened. Continue beating, gradually adding remaining 1 3/4 cups flour, until smooth and pliable, 2 to 4 minutes.
3. Transfer dough to prepared bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Let rise, in a warm place, until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
4. Make filling and assemble: Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Combine sugar and butter in a bowl.
5. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12-by-16-inch rectangle. Spread with sugar mixture. Top with blueberries. Starting from one long side, roll into a log. Cut into 12 pieces and place, cut sides up, in prepared dish. Cover with plastic wrap. Let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
6. Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake until cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool 20 minutes.
7. Make glaze: Whisk together cream cheese, butter, sugar, cream, vanilla, and salt in a bowl until smooth. Spread over rolls.