Peppermint Candy Cupcake Stand
3 or 4 candy canes Royal icing or hot glue Peppermint candies 4-inch cookie cutter Cooking spray Parchment paper Baking sheet Ribbon
1. To create the pedestal base, use royal icing (if you want the stands to be edible) or hot glue to adhere three candy canes together along the long ends in a triangle formation so they stand up. For additional stability, glue four candy canes. (Tip: Use a small rubber band to hold the candy together temporarily while gluing.) Set aside.
2. To make the pedestal top, spray a thin coat of cooking spray onto the inside of the cookie cutter.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the cookie cutter on the baking sheet.
4. Unwrap and arrange round peppermint candies inside the cutter. Bake in a 300-degree oven for about 6 to 8 minutes, or until the candies melt.
5. Let the melted candy cool into a solid disc for several minutes and then gently push it out of the cookie cutter.
6. Attach the disc to the base with icing or glue and add a bow.