RECIPE FOR Nostalgia
Maximize a slim but tall spot between two doorways with clever arranging to transform the wall space into a cozy kitchen nook. Here are five easy steps to achieve a similar look in your kitchen:
1. Hang homespun wallpaper to define the area and provide a sense of country character.
2. Position a table for two sized to fill the width of the wall.
3. Mount a long peg rack at the same height of the woodwork at the top of the doors.
4. Add another peg rack and a few shelves to bridge the gap to the top of the table. First, lay the shelves on the floor to work up an arrangement you prefer.
5. Like Karen did with her old slicers, choppers and graters, display low-profile collectibles over the eating area.