Brunch Hash Egg Bake
When my kids were growing up, I was cooking for eight people. I couldn’t conveniently fry eggs for that many, so I devised this recipe that became a family favorite. Mild and salty feta cheese is my favorite for the dish, but shredded cheddar or Parmesan work well, too. PREP: 45 MIN. • BAKE: 15 MIN. MAKES: 8 SERVINGS
2 lbs. Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into ³ ₄-in. pieces 1 lb. bulk Italian sausage 1 large onion, finely chopped ¹₄ cup olive oil ¹₄ tsp. salt ¹₄ tsp. pepper 8 large eggs 1 cup crumbled feta cheese Minced fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until almost tender, 6-8 minutes. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, in an ovenproof 12-in. skillet, cook and crumble sausage with onion over medium heat until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon; wipe skillet clean.
3. In the same pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add potatoes; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until golden brown, 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally. Stir in the sausage mixture. Remove pan from heat.
4. With the back of a spoon, make eight wells in the potato mixture. Break one egg into each well. Sprinkle with cheese.
5. Bake until the egg whites are set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 12-15 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley. PER SERVING 460 cal., 29g fat (10g sat. fat), 234mg chol., 761mg sod., 29g carb. (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g pro.