A Word of Caution
Just read the August/September issue yesterday evening and I was quite shocked to see devil’s and angel’s trumpets being promoted. I agree the flowers are absolutely beautiful, but this is not a plant to have if you have children, teenagers, pets or farm animals with access to your garden or field.
LUIZA MARTENS ABBOTSFORD, BRITISH COLUMBIA
Editor’s note: While the article in question (“Twinkle, Twinkle, Garden Stars,” page 15) did note that devil’s and angel’s trumpets are toxic if ingested, we certainly appreciate Luiza’s emphasis on keeping them out of the reach of children and pets. Thank you, Luiza, for this important reminder!