5 DESIGNER SECRETS FOR A HIGH-STYLE CLOSET
1. Reach for the ceiling. Carry cabinetry from floor to ceiling—using high shelves for seasonal storage—and finish with crown molding for a custom look.
2. Add pizzazz. Use unexpected color on cabinetry and trim or incorporate patterned wallpaper to create distinctive perimeters.
3. Raise interest. Dangle a fetching fixture above an island, a large dresser, or a tufted ottoman to create a focal point.
4. Decorate while you store. Hang artwork and display fashion accessories on statuesque collectibles.
5. Think like a retailer. Present wardrobe pieces in boutique fashion. Seeing hats, shoes, and jewelry at a glance lets you pull together accessorized looks in a jiffy.