PRE-MADE pie Crusts
YIELD: 4 SERVINGS GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, EGG-FREE, SOY-FREE, RICE-FREE, CORN-FREE
1½ pounds purple eggplant 2 tablespoons olive oil 1 tablespoon garlic olive oil 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice 1 tablespoon coconut aminos 1 tablespoon cool water 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil 2 teaspoons peeled, freshly grated ginger root ½ teaspoon lime zest ¼ teaspoon anchovy paste ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes ¼ cup diced Thai basil leaves 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
1. Trim ends from eggplant and slice into ½-inch pieces.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, garlic olive oil, lime juice, coconut aminios, water, sesame oil, lime zest, anchovy paste and red chili flakes.
3. Add the eggplant slices to the bowl and toss until each slice is well coated.
4. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
5. Preheat grill to medium heat. Place eggplant slices onto the grill and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side; the eggplant will release from the grill when ready to flip.
6. Remove from grill and place on a plate. Top eggplant with Thai basil and sesame seeds before serving.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES: 160, FAT: 14G, SATURATED FAT: 2G, CHOLESTEROL: 0MG, SODIUM: 190MG, CARBOHYDRATES: 11G, FIBER: 5G, SUGARS: 6G, PROTEIN: 2G