Follow delight on Social Media!
YIELD: 4 SERVINGS GLUTEN-FREE, EGG-FREE, SOY-FREE, NUT-FREE, RICE-FREE, CORN-FREE
This spicy soup is good on its own or with toppings like crumbled queso blanco cheese.
2 pounds tomatillos, husks removed, diced 2 tablespoons unsalted butter 1 teaspoon ground cumin ½ teaspoon minced dried chipotle pepper ¼ teaspoon salt 2 cups chicken stock 1 cup diced avocado ¼ cup diced radish Garlic olive oil Cilantro, chopped
1. Peel husks from tomatillos, rinse well and dice.
2. Place a large pot on a burner, add the butter, cumin and chipotle and turn heat to medium.
3. When butter has melted and spices are fragrant, add the chopped tomatillos to the pot and sprinkle with the salt. Pour in the stock and stir to combine. Bring soup to a simmer and let cook for 15 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and let cool for about 10 minutes. Then, place mixture in a blender and blend on high for 30 seconds, until ingredients are smooth.
5. Place a fine mesh strainer over a bowl and pour the soup into the strainer to catch the seeds.
6. To serve, divide the soup into 4 bowls and top each bowl with ¼ cup avocado, 1 tablespoon radish and desired amount of garlic olive oil and cilantro.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES: 280, FAT: 25G, SATURATED FAT: 6G, CHOLESTEROL: 15MG, SODIUM: 660MG, CARBOHYDRATES: 14G, FIBER: 4G, SUGARS: 7G, PROTEIN: 3G
JULY - AUGUST 2015