Pepper Steak Fajitas
YIELD: 4 SERVINGS PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 50 MINUTES GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, EGG-FREE, NUT-FREE
Watch simple ingredients turn into a savory meal! The soy sauce adds a subtle kick to this tasty fajita recipe. Serve over your choice of gluten-free tortillas and garnish with fresh cilantro if desired.
1 pound skirt steak, cut into strips 1 small green bell pepper, sliced lengthwise 1 small red bell pepper, sliced lengthwise 1 small yellow bell pepper, sliced lengthwise ½ cup finely chopped sweet yellow onion ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce 1 tablespoon lime juice 1 garlic clove, peeled ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves ¼ teaspoon ground ginger ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper 4 small gluten-free tortillas
1. Transfer the steak strips, bell peppers and onion into a glass dish. Set aside.
2. In the bowl of a food processor, combine ¼ cup olive oil, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, ginger and pepper and pulse until smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes. Drizzle this mixture over the steak, bell peppers and onion. Toss until evenly coated and cover with plastic wrap.
3. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before cooking.
4. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat and add the steak, leaving behind the bell peppers and onion in the glass dish. Make sure to drizzle remaining juices over the steak.
5. Cook steak strips, flipping occasionally, until browned and juices run clear, about 30 minutes. Add the bell peppers and onion and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until soft.
6. Remove from heat and serve over gluten-free tortillas.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES: 452, FAT: 34G, SATURATED FAT: 8MG, CHOLESTEROL: 74MG, SODIUM: 549MG, CARBOHYDRATES: 13G, FIBER: 2G, SUGARS: 2G, PROTEIN: 26G MARCH - APRIL 2016