Tequila Lime Shrimp Tacos
YIELD: 6 SERVINGS PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 25 MINUTES GLUTEN-FREE, EGG-FREE, SOY-FREE, NUT-FREE, RICE-FREE
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided 1½ pounds raw shrimp, peeled
and deveined 1 cup thinly sliced white onion 1 zucchini, ends removed and roughly
chopped 3 cloves garlic, finely minced ¼ cup chopped cilantro ½ cup tequila 1 tablespoon lime juice 1 teaspoon salt ½ cup sour cream 12 corn tortillas, heated
1. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add in shrimp and cook for 3 minutes, flipping them once during this time. Remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
2. To the same pan, add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add in the chopped zucchini and cook an additional 3 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook 2 more minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add in the cilantro and return partially cooked shrimp to the pan. Add in the tequila, lime juice and salt, bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Remove pan from heat and immediately whisk in the sour cream.
5. Evenly distribute shrimp mixture amongst tortillas and serve with salsa if desired.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES: 325, FAT: 11G, SATURATED FAT 3G, CHOLESTEROL: 223MG, SODIUM: 531MG, CARBOHYDRATES: 17G, FIBER: 3G, SUGARS: 3G, PROTEIN: 29G
2 cups bourbon 1½ cups freshly squeezed
orange juice Zest of 1 orange 1 tablespoon brown sugar 12 warmed corn tortillas Optional garnishes: sour cream and freshly chopped cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small mixing bowl, combine cumin, garlic powder, salt, paprika, pepper and chili powder. Mix well and then evenly coat each piece of pork on all sides with the dry rub.
2. In a Dutch oven or heavy bottom pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add in the seasoned pork pieces and sear on all sides until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Remove pork pieces from Dutch oven and set aside.
3. Add in the bourbon to deglaze the pan. Scrape up the browned bits and then add in the orange juice, orange zest and brown sugar.
4. Bring orange juice and bourbon mixture to a boil and then add back in the pork pieces. Cover the Dutch oven and place in the oven for 80 minutes. Turn pork pieces over and cook an additional 40 minutes uncovered or until meat is fork tender.
5. Remove pork from the oven and shred the meat into thin pieces. Toss with remaining bourbon sauce and then evenly distribute meat amongst heated corn tortillas. Serve with sour cream, chopped cilantro and pico de gallo if desired.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES: 845, FAT: 29G, SATURATED FAT 9G, CHOLESTEROL: 125MG, SODIUM: 811MG, CARBOHYDRATES: 56G, FIBER: 3G, SUGARS: 42G, PROTEIN: 45G