Roasted Veggie and Black Bean Tacos
YIELD: 6 SERVINGS PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, EGG-FREE, RICE-FREE, NUT-FREE, SOY-FREE
2 cups chopped carrots 2 cups chopped eggplant 2 cups chopped zucchini 2 cups chopped broccoli florets 2 cups thinly sliced white onions 3 tablespoons olive oil 2 teaspoons garlic powder 2 teaspoons salt 1 teaspoon cumin ½ teaspoon chili powder 1 (14.5 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed 12 corn tortillas Optional garnishes: grated Monterrey Jack cheese and salsa
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, toss together the carrots, eggplant, zucchini, broccoli and onions. Drizzle with olive oil, garlic powder, salt, cumin and chili powder and toss the vegetables until evenly coated.
3. Arrange the seasoned vegetables evenly across the two baking sheets and then place into the oven for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown.
4. Meanwhile, pour the black beans into a small pot and heat over medium heat until warmed.
5. To assemble the tacos, place a heaping portion of roasted vegetables in the center of each corn tortilla and top with a spoonful of black beans. Top with grated Monterrey Jack cheese and salsa before serving, if desired.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES: 245, FAT: 8G, SATURATED FAT 1G, CHOLESTEROL: 0MG, SODIUM: 919MG, CARBOHYDRATES: 37G, FIBER: 11G, SUGARS: 7G, PROTEIN: 8G MAY - JUNE 2016