Tomatillo Salsa Verde
YIELD: 6 SERVINGS PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 10 MINUTES GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, EGG-FREE, SOY-FREE, NUT-FREE, RICE-FREE, CORN-FREE
2 cups diced tomatillos ½ cup diced white onion ½ cup fresh cilantro 2 tablespoons lime juice ¼ teaspoon salt
1. In the bowl of a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients and puree until finely chopped.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES: 21, FAT: 0G, SATURATED FAT 0G, CHOLESTEROL: 0MG, SODIUM: 99MG, CARBOHYDRATES: 4G, FIBER: 1G, SUGARS: 2G, PROTEIN: 1G
MAY - JUNE 2016 YIELD: 8 SERVINGS PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 30 MINUTES GLUTEN-FREE, EGG-FREE, SOY-FREE, NUT-FREE, CORN-FREE
4 tablespoons butter, divided 1 cup finely chopped sweet yellow onion 2 tablespoons finely minced garlic 2 cups Jasmine rice, cooked according to package instructions 1 teaspoon salt 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed ½ cup finely chopped cilantro leaves
1. In a large high-sided sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add in the chopped onion and cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are soft and translucent, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook 1 additional minute until the garlic is fragrant.
2. Add in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and melt. Once melted, add in the Jasmine rice. Use a large spoon to break up the rice and toss with the butter and onions and garlic.
3. Once the rice is fully coated with butter, add in the salt and black beans. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes until the rice and beans are hot.
4. Remove from heat and stir in the chopped cilantro. Serve immediately.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES: 280, FAT: 6G, SATURATED FAT 4G, CHOLESTEROL: 15MG, SODIUM: 369MG, CARBOHYDRATES: 47G, FIBER: 4G, SUGARS: 1G, PROTEIN: 7G