Butterscotch Oatmeal Bars
YIELD: 24 SERVINGS PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 45 MINUTES GLUTEN-FREE, SOY-FREE, NUT-FREE
2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour 2¼ cups Quaker Gluten-free Quick 1-Minute Oats 1 teaspoon sea salt, plus more
for sprinkling 1 teaspoon baking powder ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon 12 tablespoons softened butter ¾ cup brown sugar 1 egg 1 tablespoon vanilla extract 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened
condensed milk 1 (11 ounce) bag butterscotch chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x13inch baking dish with foil and spray the foil with nonstick spray. Set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, stir together the glutenfree all-purpose flour, Quaker Gluten-free Quick 1-Minute Oats, sea salt, baking powder and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a standing mixer using the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Add in the egg and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing well after each addition.
5. Divide the prepared mixture and press approximately 2/3 of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Press the mixture evenly across the bottom and slightly up the sides. Set aside.
6. Using either a double boiler or microwavesafe bowl, melt together the sweetened condensed milk and butterscotch chips until smooth. Pour this mixture over the top of the crust in the baking dish and then sprinkle the remaining crust mixture over the top.
7. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and immediately dust the top of the bars with sea salt. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES: 263, FAT: 12G, SATURATED FAT 8G, CHOLESTEROL: 29MG, SODIUM: 133MG, CARBOHYDRATES: 36G, FIBER: 2G, SUGARS: 24G, PROTEIN: 4G