Oatmeal Banana Bread
YIELD: 10 SERVINGS PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 70 MINUTES GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, SOY-FREE
2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour 1 cup Quaker Gluten-free Quick 1-Minute Oats 1 tablespoon baking powder 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon cinnamon 1 cup brown sugar ½ cup + 1 tablespoon vegetable oil 3 eggs 3 large ripe bananas, peeled and mashed ½ cup coconut milk 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together glutenfree all-purpose flour, Quaker Gluten-free Quick 1-Minute Oats, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a standing mixer using the paddle attachment, beat together the brown sugar and vegetable oil. Add in the eggs, mashed bananas and coconut milk and mix together until a smooth mixture forms.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing well after each addition.
Mexican Breakfast Burrito
YIELD: 2 SERVINGS PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 15 MINUTES GLUTEN-FREE, SOY-FREE, NUT-FREE, RICE-FREE
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Have fun with your kids and build a breakfast burrito. Older kids and crack and help you cook the eggs. If you want to make it more – add hash browns or cooked potatoes to the tortilla.
½ pound breakfast sausage
or chorizo, crumbled 4 eggs, lightly beaten 1/8 teaspoon black pepper ¼ teaspoon salt Cooking spray ¼ cup chopped onion 4 (6-inch) corn tortillas
1. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook the crumbled breakfast sausage, stirring frequently, until browned. Drain off the excess grease and reduce the heat to low.
2. Add beaten eggs, onion and green chiles to the pan. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Heat the corn tortillas according to package directions and divide the egg mixture evenly amongst tortillas.
4. Allow your kids to top each serving with shredded cheese, salsa, avocado and cilantro if desired.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES: 364, FAT: 23G, SATURATED FAT 8G, CHOLESTEROL: 285MG, SODIUM: 751MG, CARBOHYDRATES: 24G, FIBER: 4G, SUGARS: 2G, PROTEIN: 17G
Optional toppings: Shredded lettuce ½ cup diced tomatoes ½ cup black olives 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and thinly
sliced 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced ½ cup salsa ¼ cup sour cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
2. Place chips in single layer on baking sheet and cover with beans and beef. Top with cheese. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese has melted. Remove from oven and place on individual plates to serve.
3. Place all the desired toppings in bowls and allow kids to build their own nachos.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES: 558, FAT: 34G, SATURATED FAT 15G, CHOLESTEROL: 105MG, SODIUM: 583MG, CARBOHYDRATES: 30G, FIBER: 5G, SUGARS: 1G, PROTEIN: 33G
NOTE: NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION BASED ON BASIC RECIPE ONLY, IT WILL CHANGE BASED ON THE ADDITIONAL TOPPINGS.
I HEART KEENWAH CHOCOLATE PUFFS Looking for a sweet, vegan treat? These Dark Chocolate Himalayan Pink Salt quinoa puffs are coated in rich, Organic Fair Trade Certified dark chocolate and sprinkled with Himalayan pink salt. They have 140 calories per serving, and less sugar than other chocolate treats. Also available in Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter. www.iheartkeenwah.com GLUTEN-FREE PRETZEL CRISPS SALTED CARAMEL Now those who are gluten-free can enjoy Snack Factory’s pretzel chips! Snack Factory has a line of gluten-free mini pretzel crisps, including Salted Caramel pretzel crisps. These crisps are crunchy and have the perfect salty and sweet bite – you won’t be able to eat just one! www.pretzelcrisps.com
HAWAIIAN BARBEQUE Kettle Brand’s Hawaiian Barbeque potato chips are a new line of chips made with 100% avocado oil and seasoned with ginger infused sea salt. These chips are delicious and still have the signature kettle chip crunch. Other flavors include Himalayan Salt and Chili Lime with citrus infused sea salt. www.kettlebrand.com