Fresh English Pea Soup
Are you looking for that hearty taste from a home made soup but are short on time? Frontier Soups offers great soup starter packages to allow you the convenience of a quick made soup, yet the flavor of a home-made soup. Try these two great gluten free opt
YIELD: 4 SERVINGS TOTAL TIME: 30 MINUTES GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, EGG-FREE, SOY-FREE, RICE-FREE, CORN-FREE
This soup delights the taste buds with its fresh peas, leeks and tarragon. It can be served either warm or chilled. If you want to add more heat, spice up the soup with red pepper flakes. Please note that leeks are a delicate vegetable, so make sure your pot is not too hot when you cook them so they don’t burn.
YIELD: 4 SERVINGS TOTAL TIME: 50 MINUTES GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, EGG-FREE, NUT-FREE, RICE-FREE
1 tablespoon vegetable oil 1 pound ground chicken or turkey 4 cups chicken broth 2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels 1 10–ounce can tomatoes with
1. In a 4-quart pot, heat oil over medium heat. 2. Sauté chicken in oil until browned.
3. Add contents of Southwestern Sausage & Chickpea Stew Mix and stir well.
4. Add broth, corn and tomatoes.
5. Bring to a simmer, cover and continue to simmer on low for 30 minutes.
6. Enjoy this Southwestern corn soup with cornbread on the side.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES: 298, FAT: 14G, SATURATED FAT 3G, CHOLESTEROL: 102MG, SODIUM: 1276MG, CARBOHYDRATES: 21G, FIBER: 2G, SUGARS: 4G, PROTEIN: 24G YIELD: 4 SERVINGS TOTAL TIME: 40 MINUTES GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, EGG-FREE, SOY-FREE, NUT-FREE, RICE-FREE
1 package of Lasagne corte
(gluten free corn pasta) 6 cups chicken broth 1 cup water (or additional broth) 3 cups cooked chicken breast, cut up grilled, poached or roasted are all good or even canned chicken for campers. 1. In a 3 or 4-quart pot, bring broth and water to a boil.
2. Cut up or shred chicken breast.
3. Add chicken and contents of the vegetable seasoning packet in the Connecticut Cottagechicken Noodle Soup Mix. Simmer for 10 minutes, covered.
4. Add the mini corn lasagna noodles, bring back to a boil, reduce and simmer again for 10 minutes, covered.
5. Turn off heat and allow to stand 5 minutes. Serve with cornbread or other soft roll and enjoy.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES: 626, FAT: 13XG, SATURATED FAT 2G, CHOLESTEROL: 95MG, SODIUM: 1413MG, CARBOHYDRATES: 87G, FIBER: 10G, SUGARS: 2G, PROTEIN: 42G JANUARY - FEBRUARY 2017