Honey-Glazed Cajun Chicken Wings
SERVES: 8 ACTIVE : 15 min. TOTAL: 35 min.
11/2- to 2-qt. shallow foil pan
16 chicken wing drumettes
(2 lbs. total)
2 Tbsp. salt-free Cajun seasoning
(see Tip), divided
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp. dry mustard
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a large rimmed baking pan with foil.
2. Toss chicken and 5 tsp. Cajun seasoning in a large bowl. Arrange on the prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn the chicken pieces over. Bake until no longer pink, 15 to 20 minutes more.
3. Meanwhile, stir the remaining 1 tsp. Cajun seasoning, ketchup, lemon juice, honey, and dry mustard in a large sealable container. Transfer half the mixture to a small sealable container; cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
4. Add the chicken to the remaining sauce in the large container. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
5. Tote the chicken and sauce to the tailgate in an insulated cooler. To serve, transfer the chicken to a large foil pan and place on the rack of a charcoal or gas grill directly over medium coals or heat. Cover and grill until heated through, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve with the reserved sauce.
PER SERVING (2 drumettes each): CAL 182, CARB 13 g (0 g fiber, 12 g sugars), FAT 9g
(2 g sat. fat), PROTEIN 13 g, CHOL 78 mg, SODIUM 184 mg. Tip: If you can’t find salt-free Cajun seasoning, mix 1 Tbsp. paprika, 1 tsp. each onion powder and garlic powder, 1/2 tsp. each dried oregano and thyme, and 1/4 tsp. each cayenne and ground pepper.