ON OUR RADAR
Craft, clean, and fix your way to autumnal bliss. With these products, you can’t miss.
Fall for these autumnal products, kits, and books.
1. This kombucha kit has everything you need to make your own fizzy brew. Drink, fill, and repeat for multiple batches in the custom jar. Cheers to your health! Kombucha Brewing Kit, $45; thekombuchashop.com
2. Bug banishing at its best. With a battery and refill cartridge, the petite Radius Zone Mosquito Repellent will keep bugs at bay within 110 square feet. Radius Zone Mosquito Repellent, $50; thermacell.com
3. Sync this clever coordinator with smart home devices to monitor your front-door camera, check your schedule, or play your favorite tune. Wake gently to sunrise simulation or set it to turn on your coffeemaker. Lenovo Smart Clock, $80; lenovo.com
4. Get photos off your phone and onto your walls! Download the MixTiles app to choose photos and frame style for the repositionable 8×8inch tiles. The best part? No nails, thanks to wallsafe adhesive. Mixtiles, starting at $49 for three tiles; mixtiles.com
5. A crafting compendium! Sally Coulthard covers more than 70 skills, including bronzesmithing and pottery. Beautifully illustrated, this educational and encyclopedic guide will inspire with creative charm. Crafted, $35; hardiegrant.com
6. Green thumb or brown thumb—either way, this book levels the playing field with tips, tricks, and easy guides to happy houseplants. The Inspired Houseplant, $25; sasquatchbooks.com
7. This new paint will have you floored. RockSolid Home tintable paint goes directly over existing tile, laminate, hardwood, and concrete. Revamp your rooms at a fraction of the cost. Rock Solid, $50 for 1 gallon; rustoleum.com
8. Kneel, sit, and store— this planting bench does it all. A padded section underneath eases joint strain, and a storage compartment in the seat keeps tools handy. Bench legs become handles when flipped as a kneeling pad. Multi-Purpose 3-in-1 Garden Bench, $19; centurionbrands.com
9. Stake it and rake it. The EZ Leaf Hauler helps tackle fall yard cleanup without breaking your back—or the bank. Ground stakes ensure it moves only when you need it to. EZ Leaf Hauler, $40; plowhearth.com
10. Small spaces are no problem for this compact tool. The ratchet’s extendable, removable head doubles as a finger ratchet. The included flat, Phillips, and hex bits turn it into a toolbox treasure. Uniche Stepless Ratchet, $30; thegrommet.com
11. Don’t let less daylight ruin your ride. Stay safe with the SlapLit LED light. Slap it to snap it in place around wrists, ankles, and bikes. SlapLit LED Slap Wrap, $12; niteize.com
12. Cut it out! A cleverly designed rotary blade slides on a stationary one for quick cuts through the thickest paper. The LED light panel under the cutting area ensures precise positioning. Cutterpillar Crop, $90; cutterpillar.com
13. Hanging curtains is a breeze! Just tack these nail-free brackets to your window molding and add a rod for hole-free decor. Single or double rod sets available in five finishes. KwikHang Curtain Rod Brackets, from $12 a pair; kwikhang.com
14. Turn everything to gold at the press of a button. Foil Quill makes your cutting machine a foiling dynamo. Kit includes three pen tips, multiple foil colors, and machine adapters.
Foil Quill All in One Kit, $100; wermemory keepers.com
15. Form meets function. Crafts knives just got a much-needed makeover thanks to the Ergo Kiwi. Reversible ergonomic hardwood handle and magnetic blade holder reduce fatigue and increase safety. Ergo Kiwi Knives, $75; ergokiwi.com
16. Meditative making made easy. Beginners and experts alike will enjoy an addicting pick-and-stick threebracelet kit. Diamond Dotz Bracelets, $11; needleartworld.com
17. Keep mementos on display with this multifunctional memo board. Myrheden boasts a brass finish and sleek clips to secure photos, notes, and more. Handy hooks hang the rest. Myrheden, $15; ikea.com
18. Anyone can learn the art of punch needling, and this book shows you how. Featured are 20 modern twists on classic projects, such as blankets and baskets. Patterns and color schemes are included for easy crafting. Punch Needle, $20; hardiegrant.com
19. Craft a cozy stash for all your necessities. The Pendleton Wool Clutch Kit has everything you need to sew your own, including online how-to. Multiple patterns are available to suit your style. Pendleton Wool Clutch Kit, $30; fancytigercrafts.com
20. You’ll love watching the antics of these houseguests. Ant farms are all grown-up and reimagined in this adult take on the childhood classic. Sleek walnut frame is living art for your home. Walnut Ant Farm, $80; wallcolony.com
21. Protect your posts with the Post Shield, a sturdy guard against damage from string trimmers and other lawn equipment. A variety of sizes, shapes, and finishes ensures you can get the look you want. Post Shields, from $9; homedepot.com
22. Warm white mood lights glow like fireflies in a jar. These string light bulbs come in three sizes and are a fun alternative to standard Edison-style bulbs. LED String Light Bulb, starting at $11; thegrommet.com
23. Learn modern dyeing techniques and then put them to use. With full how-to and over 25 projects to choose from, you’ll be a handdyeing pro in no time. Hand Dyed, $30; annajoycedesign.com
24. Frustration-free fillups start with the SureCan. No more wrangling a gas jug at odd angles—this clever can dispenses from the bottom with a trigger release. It also features self-venting for quick fills and a lock for great control. SureCan, $40; surecanusa.com
25. These pencils help you to color your world on paper and then in the garden. Use them as you would a graphite or color pencil, then plant the ends and watch them grow into herbs and flowers. Sprout Plantable Pencils, $15 for eight; sproutworld.com
26. Nix noxious cleaners for the natural stuff. Five essential-oil recipes printed on the bottle make it easy to clean green.
The reusable glass bottle reduces plastic waste. Cobalt Blue Cleaning Essentials Bottle, $14; cleaningessentials.com
A bounty of baskets! Weave functional decor in as little as an hour. Start with a beginner kit and work your way up to fill your space with these trendy trappings. Coiled Basket Kits, from $13; traditionalcraftkits.com