Cambridge man killed in Dover shooting
DOVER, DEL. — A Cambridge man died Monday, Jan. 7, after he was shot last week during a reported home invasion at the Kentwood Mobile Home Park in Dover, Del.
According to Delaware State Police, troopers responded to about 5:57 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 5, for a reported home invasion and shooting in the 200-block of Kentwood Drive. Police said Jesse Stanford, 30, of Cambridge was found with a gunshot wound to his upper torso.
Police said Stanford was transported to a local hospital in serious condition where he succumb to his injuries Monday evening.
According to DSP, two people had entered the residence, and then fled the scene after the shooting. Police did not have any additional to release.
The case remains under investigation by the Delaware State Police Homicide Unit. Anyone with information regarding the shooting is asked to contact Det. D. Grassi at 302-365-8441. Information may also be provided by calling Delaware crime stoppers at 1-800TIP-3333 or via the internet at http://www.delaware.crimestoppersweb.com.