Dove Hunting Guide
THE YUMA POLICE DEPARTMENT AND THE ARIZONA GAME AND FISH DEPARTMENT HAVE A LONGSTANDING PARTNERSHIP AND WOULD ALSO LIKE TO REMIND HUNTERS ABOUT THE FOLLOWING:
• Individuals are prohibited from hunting within all municipal and county parks and preserves, including the Yuma East Wetlands and West Wetlands Park.
• Also prohibited is hunting on golf courses, airports and posted water treatment facilities.
• Remember it’s unlawful as always to discharge a firearm while taking wildlife within 1/4 mile of an occupied farmhouse or other residence, cabin, lodge or building without permission of
the owner or resident.
• Permission from one occupant/ owner does not translate into permission from others within the same area. Do not discharge any firearm or shoot any device upon, from, across or into a maintained road or railway.
• Also don’t trespass on private property for taking wildlife if that property is posted No Hunting, No trespassing, or if a person is asked to leave by the owner.
Remember, too, it’s important to keep your harvested doves apart from others in your group to be sure you can keep track of your limit — be sure to take an ice chest along with your other needs to keep the dove cool.