Dove Hunting Guide
GAME AND FISH OFFERS SOME GOOD SUGGESTIONS:
• Any style shotgun in any gauge that you shoot well is perfect for dove hunting.
• Shot size from No. 7 1/2,
8s or 9s will work just fine bringing down a dove — while they are fast, they are not overly tough on the wing.
• Camouflage clothing is not as necessary as much as standing still and breaking up your silhouette — standing close to telephone poles and trees are good for this.
• Hunter orange is not mandatory, but a little is a great way to help others see you in the field in those predawn hours.
• Hunters should have ear and eye protection along with other needs while on the hunt.