Finding Mid-School Year Motivation By Lauren Chambliss Hernandez
The holiday gifts have been opened and some returned; cake and cookies are far gone; family and friends are finished celebrating and made their way home, the promise of a healthy, happy and prosperous New Year has been shared by all and now mid-year back to school time is smiling at you and you are not smiling back. Well my friend, it is time for a DREAM TEEN DOSE of MIDYEAR MOTIVATION! Below are some tips to help you stay motivated and be the best student you can be through the second half of the school year.
1. Stay Positive: Your mind, body, spirit and soul reacts to and loves positivity. If you find yourself being negative, analyze the situation, look for the good in it or a learning experience to grow and move forward! Remember the glass is half full?
2. Get A Good Night’s Sleep: A better rested you, makes a happier and healthier you!
3. Seek Help: When you need help, get it! Don’t wait until the day before the test to get help..., that’s too late. Stay on top of your studies and seek support from friends, parents, tutors, older siblings and teachers.
4 Celebrate You: When obstacles come your way, and they will, think about how you handled challenges before. Believe in yourself and give yourself credit for how far you’ve come. Be proud of your accomplishments..., both big and small.
5. Set Goals: Goals are a good way to stretch yourself and measure your progress. Set SMART (Specific, Measurale, Attainable, Realistic and Time Bound) Goals!
6. Have Fun With Family & Friends: Go out and have fun! Hikes, bike rides, movies, bowling, dances, extracurricular clubs, concerts, plays, exercise classes, art classes, sporting events and more are there for you to enjoy and help you to be well-rounded. Be a motivated student, do your school work, but don’t leave out the fun!
7. Clean Up & Re-Organize: A neat locker, bedroom, desk, work space, etc will help to unclutter your mind, make it eaiser to find what you need and provide a positive work environment.
8. Volunteer: One of the best ways to feel good is to volunteer. Seek ways to engage in sharing your time and talent! Spread positivity. You will ge glad you did!