Pretzel-crusted Chicken Nuggets with Cranberry-mustard Sauce
ACTIVE: 40 min TOTAL: 40 min
Make some extra sauce to spread on post-holiday turkey sandwiches.
1 pound chicken tenders, cut into 2-inch pieces
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
2 tablespoons white wholewheat flour
3 cups pretzels
2 large eggs
11/3 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen
2/3 cup orange juice
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon Dijon or whole-grain mustard
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place a rack on a rimmed baking sheet. Coat with cooking spray.
2. Toss chicken in a bowl with poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Sprinkle flour over the chicken and toss again.
3. Place pretzels in a large sealable bag. Crush with the bottom of a metal or plastic measuring cup or meat mallet until coarsely crushed. Pour into a shallow dish. Beat eggs in another shallow dish.
4. Shake any excess flour off the chicken, dip in the eggs, letting excess drip off, then roll in the pretzels. Transfer to the prepared rack. Coat the chicken generously on both sides with cooking spray.
5. Bake, turning once halfway, until an instantread thermometer registers 165°F, about 20 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, combine cranberries, orange juice and honey in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to a lively simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens slightly, about 10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then puree in a mini food processor until mostly smooth. Mix in mustard. Serve with the nuggets.
SERVES 4: 6-8 nuggets & 3 Tbsp. sauce each
CAL 357 / FAT 6G (SAT 1G) / CHOL 102MG / CARBS 46G / TOTAL SUGARS 23G (ADDED 17G) / PROTEIN 31G / FIBER 2G / SODIUM 366MG / POTASSIUM 178MG.