Grilled Pork & Vegetables with Fresh Corn Polenta
ACTIVE: 40 min TOTAL: 40 min
Made from dried ground poblano peppers, ancho chile powder adds sweet, mild heat to this dish.
4 ears corn, husked and halved 1 tablespoon butter
3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
3/4 teaspoon ground pepper, divided 1 medium eggplant (1 pound),
sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rounds 1 medium red onion,
sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rings 1 medium red bell pepper,
cut into wedges
3 tablespoons extra-virgin
olive oil, divided
3 teaspoons dried oregano, divided 2 teaspoons chile powder,
preferably ancho, divided 1 pound boneless thin-cut pork chops, trimmed
Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
1. Preheat grill to medium-high.
2. Cut corn kernels from cobs. Transfer the kernels and cobs to a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over mediumhigh heat. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer, cover and cook until the kernels are very tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Discard the cobs and reserve 3/4 cup of the cooking liquid. Drain the kernels and transfer to a food processor. Pulse, adding enough of the reserved cooking liquid to get the consistency of a slightly chunky polenta. Return to the pan and cook over low heat, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Stir in butter and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
4. Toss eggplant, onion and bell pepper with 2 tablespoons oil in a large bowl. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons oregano, 1 teaspoon chili powder and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper; toss again. Drizzle pork chops with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with the remaining 1 teaspoon each oregano and chili powder and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
5. Grill the pork until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part reaches 145°F, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Grill the vegetables until tender, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
6. Coarsely chop the vegetables. Serve the pork and vegetables with the polenta. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
SERVES 4: 3 oz. pork, 1 cup vegetables & 1 cup polenta each
Cal 473 Fat 29g (sat 8g) Chol 76mg Carbs 31g
Total sugars 11g (added 0g) Protein 30g Fiber 7g
Sodium 558mg Potassium 987mg.