Drama organization to present free Shakespeare performance
Saline County Shakes will be performing “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” at Tyndall Park beginning next week.
Shows will take place at 7 p.m. May 30 through June 1 and June 6 through 8 at the Juli Busken Amphitheater, located at 913 E. Sevier Street.
Performances are free, but donations are accepted.
The comedy play, written by William Shakespeare, portrays the events surrounding the marriage to Theseus, the Duke of Athens, to Hippolyta.
The show will be directed by Lisa Goodrich and Michael Batholmey with Abby Jo Windsor serving as assistant director.
Members of the cast include:
• Tony Clay, as Theseus and Oberon.
• Jaketa Mcclure, as Hippolyta and Titania.
• Lee Hill, as Egeus.
• Annslee Clay, as Hermia.
• Matthew Burnett, as Lysander.
• Michael Bartholmey, as Demetrius.
• Hannah Blacklaw, as Helena.
• Mia Simone Parker, as Puck.
• Melissa Glover, as Quince.
• Jeremy Clay, as Bottom.
• Savannah Price, as Flute.
• Carson Clay, as Snout.
• Olivia Maines, as Snug.
• Cadence Earles,
Salee Crismon and Olivia Maines as fairies.
For more information about performances, individuals are encouraged to call 501-249-3169 or visit the Saline County Shakes Facebook page.