CONTRIBUTE TO EQUUS
EQUUS welcomes freelance submissions for practically any section of the magazine. We prefer to receive manuscripts via email; send to EQLet[email protected] EquiNetwork.com. We will also consider typed hard-copy manuscripts, but please note: If you would like your materials returned, a self-addressed, stamped envelope needs to be included with your submission. We do not review or accept simultaneous submissions.
Here are a few guidelines for prospective contributors:
• Features generally run from 1,600 to 3,000 words.
• Medical Front (200- to 400-word items)—Brief articles about the latest research, technological advances, treatments and other veterinary topics pertinent to horse owners.
• Hands On (100- to 400-word items)—Short items offering practical advice and useful reminders on everyday horse care issues, ranging from feeding and hoof care to training and breeding.
• True Tales (700 to 2,000 words)— True stories that focus on particular experiences that typify the multifaceted relationships we have with our horses.
• Case Reports (1,000 to 2,500 words)—Equine practitioners and horse owners share their accounts of unusual or baffling cases of equine illness or injury.