CALL YOUR VETERINARIAN IF
• Your horse comes to an abrupt halt with massive muscle cramping, usually over the hindquarters. Or if he stiffens up and moves forward only reluctantly, perhaps taking only short strides and stabbing his hind toes into the ground.
• He sweats profusely, with less sweat over the affected muscles.
• He has a pained, “colicky” look, with rapid breathing and a fast heart rate.
• He develops muscle tremors.
• His urine is discolored ---from a reddish tinge to a dark, coffee-like hue.