CALL YOUR VETERINARIAN IF
• You find your horse with an object protruding from any wound.
• You witness your horse impaling himself on an object, even if he pulls himself free.
• You discover a recent small wound and you can’t see all the way to the bottom of it.
• You find an area of heat and soft swelling on your horse’s body, and on closer examination, you notice what appears to be a small, healed wound.
• Your horse turns up lame, and you find evidence of a recently healed wound on his leg.
• You find any penetrating injury under his hoof, no matter how small.