• 5sed For cooling limbs and reducing minor swellings not associated with acute injuries; may also be used to treat hoof abscesses
• Action “drawing” of fluid collected between cells via osmosis
• Common active ingredients mineralbased clays, like kaolin, glycerine, Epsom salts
• Application spread onto lower limbs or packed into hooves. Can be wrapped over or left uncovered to dry. After 24 hours, the leg is hosed clean or the dried poultice brushed off.
• Note Cotton pads filled with poultice material provide a no-mess application option.