Sweet Corn Ice Cream with Raspberry Swirl
Makes 8 servings Prep 20 minutes Steep 1 hour Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight Process about 30 minutes Freeze 6 hours or overnight
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
Pinch of salt
11/2 cups heavy cream
2 ears fresh sweet corn 4 large egg yolks
1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
• In a medium saucepan, stir condensed milk, salt and 3/4 cup cream. Cut kernels from cobs; break cobs in half. Place kernels and cobs in saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium, stirring. Remove from heat; steep, covered, for 1 hour.
• Discard cobs. Using an immersion or standing blender, puree corn mixture until smooth.
• Pass mixture through a strainer into a clean medium saucepan. Place 3/4 cup cream in a large bowl inside an ice bath.
• Whisk egg yolks in a large bowl. Warm corn mixture over medium-low. Whisking constantly, add 1/4 cup warm corn mixture at a time to yolks until yolks are just warmed (you’ll use about half the corn mixture). Stir yolk mixture back into pot.
• Cook custard over mediumlow, stirring frequently to avoid curdling, until thick enough to coat spoon, 3 to 4 minutes.
• Pour custard through a strainer into reserved cream. Stir to combine. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
• Pour custard into an ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer’s directions.
• Transfer half the ice cream to a loaf pan. Spoon jam over ice cream, smoothing as much as possible, and top with remaining ice cream. Freeze at least
6 hours or overnight.
PER SERVING 392 Cal • 23 g Fat (14 g Sat) • 7 g Pro • 42 g Carb • 40 g Sugars • 0 g Fiber • 116 mg Sodium