Grilled Chicken with Sesame-ponzu Corn Relish
Makes 4 servings Prep 15 minutes Soak 30 minutes Grill 25 minutes
11/2 lbs unshucked sweet corn (about 4 ears)
6 tbsp ponzu sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil
4 whole chicken legs
(about 21/2 lbs)
1 tbsp vegetable oil
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper 6 scallions, thinly sliced
2 tbsp thinly sliced fresh red chile
• Soak corn in husks in enough water to cover for 30 minutes.
• Heat grill over medium. • In a large bowl, whisk ponzu
and sesame oil. Set aside 2 tbsp ponzu mixture in a small bowl.
• Toss chicken with vegetable oil and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper.
• Place chicken and corn on grill. Cook corn about 20 minutes, covered, turning halfway through. Cook chicken, covered, until temperature reaches 165°, 20 to 25 minutes, turning halfway through. Toward end of cooking, brush all over with reserved 2 tbsp ponzu mixture. Transfer to a cutting board and rest about 5 minutes.
• Shuck cooled corn, remove silk and cut kernels from cobs. In a large bowl, combine corn with remaining ponzu mixture. Stir in scallions, chiles and 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper.
• Spoon corn relish over chicken and serve warm.
PER SERVING 646 Cal • 45 g Fat (11 g Sat) • 38 g Pro • 25 g Carb • 5 g Sugars • 3 g Fiber • 1,127 mg Sodium