2. PAPER LANTERNS
Hang finished lanterns around the yard or in the kids’ rooms!
What You’ll Need
Cardstock Craft paint Two 7-oz. clear plastic drinking cups Glue Craft knife LED tea light
1. Trim cardstock to 8x5 in. Have the kids paint a design on one side. Let paint dry completely.
2. Cut out the bottom of one cup. Add a line of glue around the mouth of each cup and seal together. The open bottom should be at the top. Let dry.
3. On the back of the cardstock, draw a horizontal line ½ in. from each short edge. Draw vertical lines ½ in. apart between the horizontal lines.
4. Cut each vertical line with a craft knife, using a ruler as a guide. Be sure your cuts do not extend beyond the horizontal lines; there should be a ½-in. band at each short edge.
5. Add glue to one short edge. Wrap around the bottom of the cup structure. Let dry. Gently press down on the cardstock so the strips bow out. Glue top edge in place. Let dry.
6. Cut an 8-in.-long, ½-in.-wide strip of cardstock for a handle; glue the ends inside the top edge. Let dry.
7. Add an LED light and hang.