MERRY & BRIGHT Sign
What You’ll Need:
• Americana® Acrylics
• Green Tree (DA349)
• Light Lime (DA348)
• Americana® Multi-surface Acrylics
• Canary (DA514)
• Lipstick (DA506)
• Turquoise Waters (DA525)
• 1” angle brush
• Black washi tape
• Hot glue gun with clear glue gun sticks
• Wood plaque (Michaels)
• Stencil brush
• C7 light bulbs
• Merry & Bright stencil
What You’ll Do:
1. Dry brush the wood plaque with Green Tree paint. Allow it to dry.
2. Create a wash with 2 parts water to 1 part Light Lime paint. Use this to drybrush on top of the Green Tree color. Let it dry.
3. Paint 9 C7 bulbs using Lipstick, Canary, Turquoise Waters and Green Tree paint. Let them dry.
Wrap the bottom of the bulbs with your black washi tape.
5. Download and cut out the Merry & Bright stencil from decoart.com, or create your own by printing the text from your computer and cutting out the letters. 6. Using your stencil, paint the phrase “Merry & Bright” using Lipstick paint. Let it dry. You could also freehand the letters.
7. Tie a knot in the jute string and hot glue that end to the upper left corner of your wooden plaque. Repeat with the other end on the upper right corner of the sign.
8. Hot glue the bulbs onto the jute string and the plaque as desired.